Rising Strong in Church Leadership
As a child of God we are gifted to serve and graced to live in love. And we all know falls, brokenness, and struggle. What does it take in church leadership to get back up? How would ministry be deeper, richer, - more vital - if we strengthened our emotional wellness skills by understanding the stories we tell ourselves when we fall? By looking patterns of behavior and thought that don’t serve the Body of Christ or us well, what ‘brave new endings’ to familiar scenarios in ministry might we be empowered to write?
Based on the groundbreaking work of Dr. Brené Brown and her new research around the resilience needed to get up when we fall, this Introductory Workshop will empower you to more effectively write those new endings, to handle stressful situations in church leadership with increased clarity of how emotions may pull us away from our core values. This time will empower you to experience:
- The power of curiosity to transformation
- Understand how we are neurobiologically wired to create stories . . . even when they aren’t true or helpful
- Explore the rising strong process of reckoning with emotion, rumbling with our stories, and rising with a brave new ending
- Greater capacity to see the relationship between grief and forgiveness
- Increased resilience in the face of many inner and outer challenges of leadership
- Increased integration of all parts of your story
- Community where you are seen and valued
This workshop is a combination of short lectures, self-exploration, small group sharing and skill building exercises. We will learn with and from each other and create sacred ground where our stories are honored. The connections between Brown’s research and church leadership, Scripture, and the life of faith are endless so come ready for lively conversation and laughter! You will leave with new courage practices to empower you to lead with increased emotional wellness, connection to others, God, and yourself, and new resiliency skills. If you’ve attended a previous Daring Way™ or Wholehearted Living event, this will contain new content and support what you’ve already explored.