Daring Way™ for Churches Videos
A heartfelt thank you to the following people for sharing their Daring Way ™ for Churches experience in these videos!
Rev. Cheryl Mathison, St. Philip the Deacon Lutheran. Plymouth, MN
- What is your congregation doing with this ministry?
- How has this informed your preaching?
- How has this impacted your church leadership?
- How has this strengthened your Pastoral Care?
Rev. Mark Aune and Rev. Megan Torgerson. Augustana Lutheran Church. St. Paul, MN
- How does this impact congregations?
- How does this provide new ways of understanding the Gospel?
- How did you equip your staff with this learning?
- How are rostered leaders influenced by this learning?
- Why did you bring this to your congregation?
Rev. Beth Horsch, Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, Plymouth, MN
Daring Way™ for Faith Leaders
We have challenges and blessings that are unique to our call. And balancing everything in ministry and beyond can at times feel overwhelming. Based on the groundbreaking work of Dr. Brené Brown found in her Daring Way™ curriculum, this time will empower you to experience:
- Greater clarity around areas of personal growth related to authentic life and leadership
- Life-giving empathy and self-compassion
- Critical awareness to cultural myths around vulnerability and how vulnerability is the path to connect to others, God, and ourselves
- Increased capacity to understand conflictual situations and how to authentically show up
- Learning and practicing healthy strategies to use when in debilitating shame
- Daily practices to cultivate living and loving with our whole hearts
In this 2.5 day intensive, we will learn with and from each other, create sacred ground where our stories are honored and where you can explore how faith, Scripture, and ministry connect for you and practice new skills to empower you to lead with increased joy, authenticity, and purpose. If you’ve attended a Rising Strong or Wholehearted Living event, this will contain new content and support what you’ve already explored.